Wednesday 1 April 2015

"First world problems"

The world can be a cold, lonely, confusing place, where maturity and sanity are too often elusive and fleeting. But at least we've got Weird Al on Youtube to help us ground and lighten our perspective! (Check out Al's video ("First world problems") if you don't already know the tune - the second line below is definitely one of my all-time favouritest Weird Al lines):

“...I couldn’t order off the breakfast menu, cause I slept in till two
Then I filled up on bread, didn’t leave any room for tiramisu!
[On no! Some stranger on FB didn’t like an analogy I drew, so she got real mad, started a slander campaign, and had her husband threaten to beat me up!]

CHORUS
“I got
First world, first world problems (first world problems)
…”

I love you, Weird Al!
...and you too, irascible FB-friends, who in real-life are strangers - peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment